Slider

Wednesday Wisdom: Week 7

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I received a wonderful reminder this week in the first chapter of Philippians.  Paul writes (vs 21-23),
"Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.  For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.  But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell.  For I am hard pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better." 
Do you find yourself struggling with fear?  I've been pushing away a little more fear than usual for the health, lives of my children, and I think many people struggle with fear when pregnant (I do).  And then I read Paul's words.  Wow!  His unbridled abandonment regarding death, and his passionate love for Christ took away the sting of my fear.  I laughed and cried at the simple truth; what am I fearing anyway?  Earthly circumstances?  God can use anything for his glory.  Death?  Thankfully, this is not our final resting place!  I now have another scripture to "speak" to my fears when/should they try to rob me of peace again.  Thank you, Lord!  

Okay, onto the quotes I wanted to share...

I've had these quotes hanging on my fridge since the beginning of the year.  They are the cry of my heart and daily encouragement I need as a follower of Christ, wife, and mother. 

"Be Today Who You Want to be Tomorrow" ~ author unknown

"This is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

"I have one purpose to be like Jesus and serve with joy." Rachel Barkley

"Peace isn't the absence of pressure, it is the presence of God and our attitude toward His provision in the midst of our stress." ~author unknown

"I can never be perfect on my own!  I need a Savior." R.B.

"And the fundamental mission of motherhood now is the same as it always was: to nurture, protect, and instruct children, to create a home environment that enables them to learn and grow, to help them develop a heart for God and his purposes, and to send them out into the world prepared to live both fully and meaningfully.  It's up to us to embrace that mission as our own, trusting Go to walk us through the details and to use our willing mothers hands as instruments of blessing." ~Sally Clarkson from the Mission of Motherhood

"... It is much easier to act like a Christian than it is to react like one.  Anyone can put on an act.  But your reactions reveal what is really in your heart." ~Mark Ballerson

Are you totally convicted/encouraged as I am upon reading them?  Be blessed this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright