Slider

Seashells

Thursday, April 1, 2010

How do you spell gem? M-o-m! My mom and sister are two of my best friends and my mom never ceases to amaze me! I am so blessed by what an incredible Grandma she is too. She is loving, but firm with our kids. She loves them unconditionally, but won't let them get away with anything (I am so thankful because it breaks my heart when I see kids being disrespectful to adults). I know that my mom's influence will help my children grow up to be healthy loving people.

Creative? Absolutely! Olivia loves Nana's seashell collection, so when Nana found a bunch of seashells at the GW the other day, she decided to hide them in our backyard for Olivia while the kids were taking a nap. Then, the next day (after it had been particularly stormy during the night), I told Olivia that I thought I saw something glimmering in the yard and that perhaps the storm washed some things in. She loved the word, "glimmering" and that was enough to get her out the door. She went out with a stick and a bucket and started looking. Much to her delight, she found seashells hidden all over the yard. She would squeal and show me every time she found one! After the treasure hunt was over she had a collection of her very own! We got a jar and her collection now sits atop her dresser in her room and she gets them out and loves to look at them! Thank you Jesus for the love and creativity of a grandmother!


Blessing! You bless us beyond belief, and my hope is to continue to grow into the kind of woman you are so that I might bless others the same way.

Happy, Happy Birthday this weekend Mom! You are beautiful, fun, hardworking, generous, and the greatest servant I know! You inspire, challenge, and bless those around you every day! I love you with all my heart.

3 comments:

  1. Mom you truly are amazing! With all the years you have spent teaching in children's church and all the fun crafts and love you give. And raising seven children. You continue to inspire me. I am so thankful to have a Mom and big Sis to look up too.
    The seashell jar is too cute and I love that she can look at them and think about far off places. Great stuff to build good imaginations! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog on Leah's, you stinker! You didn't tell me you were blogging AND that you were PREGNANT!!! Yay! I am so thrilled for you!
    You girls are so sweet! I love your mom too and how much of a friend she has been to my mom over the years. I miss all y'all so!
    I am gonna have to copy your jar of shells too, I just want a pair of pinking shears first!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw your email, a little late of course, and looked at your blog for the first time today - LOVELY!

    I love that I get a glimps into your life, your home, and your heart.

    Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures and stories. Your family is such a blessing and a treasure!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright