Have you made the Grape-Nut bar recipe from the back of the Grape-Nut box?
My mom and I crave them (I made up a batch for her and I just bet she has been up in the middle of the night to have one :)).
I haven't made them in a long time, but they are so basic, and I needed a cheap, yummy snack this week!:)
Grape-Nut Peanut Butter Bars
Makes 30 servings (1 bar each)
Prep Time: 10 min.
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup reduced fat peanut butter
4 cups Post Grape-Nuts Cereal
In large microwavable bowl, add corn syrup, sugar and peanut butter.
Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or just until mixture boils, stirring every minute.
Add cereal and stir to coat well.
Press firmly into foil-lined 13x9-inch pan sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Cool.
Cut into 30 bars.
Wrap bars individually with plastic wrap.
Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
Also, I was talking to my mom and she said she uses the whole box of All-Bran in Nanny's Bran Muffins, which is nice to know so you don't have a partial box leftover!
There were quite a few quotes to enter into the kid's journal of quotes this month, so I thought I'd share a few!
- When Peyton and I snuggle, he likes to say, "Mama, you're a princess.".
- "Uncle Daniel, are you my friend?" ~ Peyton
- Upon us laughing about a piece of bread flying out of the toaster, Olivia remarked, "Mama, can you part a line down my head and put a piece of bread in me, and I'll be a toaster?".
- On our way to a cousin's birthday party, we drove into a neighborhood and Olivia said, "Huh. A lot of people sure must have thought it was a good idea to build houses right in this area." What a country bumpkin!:) Speaking of which, they don't just say, "yes", but use a Texan accent and say, "yayah". Cracks us up every time!
- They love pretending to be Mary and Joseph, but lately they also pretend to be Pastor Jess and Brenda (our pastors). Ha, Ha! After a prophetic conference at our church, Olivia was walking around prophesying, "You guys are a wonderful couple. God loves you and He wants to bless you," and "can I get an amen?". She is a nut!