Slider

Eeks... "a lotta" Pictures

Thursday, July 5, 2012


I keep uploading pictures to this post in hopes of coming back to post them and have ended up with a whole lotta pictures.  I just can't seem to pull myself away from nesting projects and cleaning long enough to blog, but here goes. 
Today is the official start of harvest on the farm and the unofficial start of summer in the Pacific Northwest {the weather usually warms up after the fourth}.  My husband and a crew fired up the picking machine in the wee hours of the morning to commence blackcap harvest.  The combines rolled out of the yard a few hours ago to take on the first crimson field, and blueberries are right around the corner.  They are delicious as usual and I've actually had to start cutting SweetP and Jules off to avoid catastrophic results .:-)

Today we celebrate my sister's birthday and the birth of our nephew, Josiah!  Congratulations, Bryan and Amy!!!  

It is a mystery to me why the pregnancy hormones cause me to think everything needs to be turned upside down, cleaned, organized, perfected in some way, and beautified, and that it should have been done yesterday, but I am just going with it.  I find myself working like a dog {funny phrase as Buck spends a great deal of time sleeping}, so much so, that I hardly want to stop to take a shower or go for a walk, but make myself do both.      

I got a smart phone.  My cell phone bit the dust.  I have issues with technology and not wanting to be too immersed in it, but found myself walking out of the store with a very smart phone.  I don't know.  It takes amazing pictures, and video, you can talk to it, check your e-mail.  Lord help me.  If you see me wagging my thumb/ "scrolling" on my phone in public, please just hit me.  A perk of this smart phone is that I can take pictures and share them really easy.  I put a link for Instagram on the right side of the blog.  I think I took all of the pictures in this post with my phone. 

To go with the whole cleaning theme, I wanted to share two products.  First is a product I've wanted to try for a while and finally picked up at Target: Downy Wrinkle Releaser. It doesn't take the place of ironing {you still have to have a crease down the sleeve, right?}, but it works great in a pinch.  Also, it didn't change Olivia's dress color, I believe I just snapped the 'before' picture in the afternoon and didn't take the 'after' picture until the next morning.  Second, is a wonderful carpet cleaning recipe that my Mom has used for a few years and the stuff works fabulously. 
I recommend both. 


Downy Wrinkle Releaser


Downy Wrinkle Releaser 33.8 fl oz (1 L)



Now, for lots of pictures...
We love and need our walks! 
The little nuts got new kicks for all the miles we are going to put in this summer.
Looking for frogs
Inspecting the dirt
Buttercups... put them under your chin to see if you like butter.
 

We play lots of silly games to keep them amused and motivated! 
They were either flexing or pretending to be a gate here.

David and Olivia playing with my "smart phone".

Intrigued.

Not sure what to think.

She likes it.

Ballet camp

Shopping at Target
6 months preggers.  Two pregnancy shots already; I don't know what has gotten into me.  Note, the smart phone. :)
Auntie Liza put on the 2nd annual tea and this year we went to the Helvetia Lavender Farm.  It was beautiful, relaxing, entertaining, and all the proceeds go to the Good Samaritan Ministries.  Thank you, Liza! 
They even provided hats for the girls to wear.
Horsing around
The 4th of July Parade was especially good this year and the weather especially nice.  We enjoyed the parade and then had friends and family over for a barbecue, followed by Uncle Zach's impressive fireworks last night.
 
 
OK, I'm pooped; you?  Still, I must go organize a drawer or wash the kid's car seats or...

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright