Slider

Kid's Rooms: Girl's Edition

Thursday, September 6, 2012

I am excited about how the kid's bedrooms turned out after switching some things around to get ready for baby, but hopefully I didn't create too much anticipation... he, he!  I think their rooms are cute, but really practical and user-friendly, too!  The transformation has been a slow process, but totally worth the wait. 
The girl's room:
It is a pity my child isn't dressed in the picture, but that is just how it goes when you start snapping photos right after nap time. :-)
There is a cool story with the bunk beds. I had some money saved up {not enough, but a little chunk} to purchase bunk beds, and felt led by God to do something else with the money. I am not kidding, the next day after we gave the money, I sent an e-mail to my in laws asking something about bunk beds and it turns out they had a set in their attic that belonged to David and his little sister! Not only that, but they were exactly what I was looking for after some sanding and paint!! Isn't it fun to trust Him?!!
They were an unattractive oak color before.
Bottom Bunk:
Top Bunk:
I spotted bedding for them back in January that I fell in love with at first sight.  Oh, the pink and blues and striped ribbon ties.  It was on sale, but on back order, so I decided to go for it.  It was delayed a couple more times, so during that whole process I was able to negotiate more discounts for the hassle {I am a fiend like that}.  It finally came in June or July, and the timing ended up being perfect.
The white wicker trunk and nightstand are from my parent's attic and are what my sister and I used growing up. Score!
O got the awesome pull out couch for her birthday- perfect for a cousin or friend to sleep on, and also a very cozy spot to read with her baby sis!
I bought the bookcase with money I earned for feeding the neighbors horses for a week.
They can pull the curtains completely shut and it is a favorite spot!
 JDC name prints on their dresser and art for their walls.  The adorable owls were a gift from dear Angie Q.
A little organization for their closet... love the polka dot lined bins!
I'm sorry it has taken me so long {eek!}, but they are getting done just in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright