Slider

Little of Everything

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hi there!  It feels like I have been away from the blog world for a while, but has it only been a week?  Did you miss me?  I missed you, so I am venturing back in my sleep-deprived/postpartum state... scary, folks!  I am going to cram a little bit of everything into this post, so hang tight and forgive me if this is messy. :)
First up, I can't believe Christmas is less than two weeks away.  It always comes so quickly, but this year has to be the fastestessst.
We are trying to do a few fun, but simple Christmas crafts each week.  Last week, we decorated the tree in the girls' room with pink and white paper chains and a glitter angel.
We also made these little marshmallow treats:

The supplies and snowmen were quickly gobbled up.
A bit more of my simple Christmas decor this year- a milk glass vase with clippings from our tree (I suppose I could have at least tucked in a few sprigs of red berries or something), but I'm liking the bare branches.
Our beautiful reason for keeping things low key this year:
She was three weeks old on Sunday and is starting to be awake a little more.  Big sister and brother are quite the caretakers, and come running from whatever corner of the house they are in if they detect her cry.
Do you see her sweet little beauty mark on her cheek?  There is much to love about her.
She continues to be so peaceful and happy.  I thought she was too young to smile??, but she has given me some pretty obvious ones.
I gave the little Chief his first big boy/clipper haircut last week.  He was laughing about how it tickled, and then after some time went on, he became concerned about all the hair sticking to him, and what in the world I was going to do about it!
Early this morning, I pointed out how hard the rain was 'hitting' the window as we were snuggling on the couch.  He jumped up from the couch, starting running to his room, and yelled over his shoulder, "I'll be right back, I'm going to get my sword and shoot that rain".  I guess he felt the need to fight back.  Boys! 
If you know my husband, you know he gets after it and can 'get er done'.  He is equally excellent at enjoying life and making it fun.  He has been such a blessing and help to me.  We are savoring the slower pace of winter (heck, we are practically hibernating- ha) and the precious time of having a baby again (during the extraordinary Christmas season no less). 
I love you, David!
We've also been birdwatching.  The chickadees love bathing in the fountain out back, which is sentimental for both of us as two of our grandparents loved chickadees and my grandpa built the fountain.
Last up, my friend, K'lyn shared this recipe last year with me and I think they will be a Christmas tradition.  They are best warm (like a fresh doughnut) and she had the wonderful idea of using puff pastry instead of making the dough.  Brilliant!  Simply roll out the puff pastry, sprinkle with the vanilla sugar, fold, sprinkle again, cut, and bake.
Starlight Crisps
There you have it, a little of EVERYTHING!!:)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! I was missing you! :) Julia is absolutely beautiful, her beauty mark is so cute! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright