Slider

Here comes the Sun

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Don't you love corny titles?
There may be a serious sun deficiency in our parts this time of the year {well, except for the last few days... hallelujah!}, and you may have heard me complain about it a time or two, but we have an abundance of something else, something we soak up and love even more... Daddy time!  I'm sure, the farmer's wives are all nodding their heads right now.  The guys put in  l o n g  hours other times of the year, but the winter pace is slower and much appreciated!
I have been trying to capture some of the sweet moments.
  
SweetP and Daddy making chili
{the recipe for my Grandma's delicious cornbread we ate with it at the end of this post}

O and Daddy watching Modern Marvels
Getting our Christmas tree




Remember, he is the Christmas king, so we've been having a lot of fun! 


Watching Rudolph
Errands and milkshake with Daddy... brrr!
  I love his popcorn {made on the stove with olive oil... ummm}!
And I love his "coat tree".  We have a mirror in our laundry room and we were planning to use these horse hooks in the bathroom, but decided they didn't go.  David had the idea to hang them on the mirror and I love 'em!
I'm kinda crazy about horses, so they make me very happy {never mind the laundry room, I know it isn't anything to look at:)}.
They come in handy, too!
Yep, there's no doubt, he's our hero.  I love you, David!


Grandma's Cornbread
This recipe is from my Dad's Mom, Lenora.  She baked this cornbread for her large hungry brood in this very house!  I am going to type it the way she wrote it- the first number is if you want to double it, which I always do!

4 - 2 eggs
1 - 1/2 cups sugar
2 - 1 cup corn meal
2 - 1 cup flour
2 - 1 tsp soda
2 - 1 tsp salt
4 - 2 T melted butter
2 - 1 cup buttermilk {I usually just add lemon to milk as I don't keep buttermilk on hand}

375 degrees for 30 minutes



3 comments:

  1. Rach, Love the new banner! and I'm curious to know if you went into your back yard to get a christmas tree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Danielle! Evan made the banner!:) We actually went into our neighbor's back yard to get our tree... the ones we planted won't be ready for a few more years!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT?!!!! Those horse hooks are ridiculous!!!! I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright