Slider

Bedroom Revamp

Monday, May 10, 2010

I don't know what created the urge in me to revamp our bedroom, but I think it had something to do with very long nights as of late, and the overall association I now have with the room and puking!:) I'm sorry, I'll spare you the details. He, he!
So far I have switched out my hand-me-down curtains from Patrick & Deb's wedding to the same Ikea ones, but in white (I think they cost $7?!). They are very inexpensive!

I also had fun with a little DIY project.

Here are my lampshades with the teal curtains before:

And now the revamped lampshades and white curtains:

I had planned to cover them in fabric, but as they are tapered, it was becoming way too complicated, so I spray painted them black instead and then cut out strips of fabric to create the "striped fabric look" I was going for. I like how the lamp base really stands out now.

I'll post before and after pictures of the whole room when I'm done. I look forward to this next, new season in my new room!

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright