Slider

Moved

Sunday, May 16, 2010

I listened to one of the best messages I have ever heard today. Our Pastor shared from 1 Timothy 3: 1-7, "10 Qualities of a Gospel Baked Leader". I was so moved as he went through the scripture and related each quality, not just to the elders of the church, but to every Christian (we are all called to be leaders and spiritual parents). I was overwhelmed as the Holy Spirit showed me how incredibly good and perfect our Jesus is and how very sinful I am. I love how Jesus can show us these things, and we can be so broken before him, yet not weighed down by despair. Only Jesus can do that. Please click on the link and listen to this powerful message. My pathetic notes won't even begin to compare what you will get out of listening to it yourself!
1. Get References- verify with testimonials
2. Marital Fidelity- find those in love with their spouses
3. Under Control & In Order- find those who are disciplined, sensible and respected
4. Home Open to Strangers- find those who like having people into their homes
5. Standing their Gospel Ground- find those able to refute those who contradict the gospel
- even the person who betrayed you should not know he betrayed you by how you treat him- keep the gospel in everything. Wow! Do you see what our God is like? We can never do this on our own.
6. Drinks Little- find those who habitually have little to drink
7. A Good Personality- find a person who is yielding, gracious and reasonable
8. Proven Generous- find a person who is not obsessed with money
9. A Respected Patriarch
10.Not a new believer- he shared how when he was a young pastor/new believer he was prideful and thought the church was something he was building.

There is not one of us who can ever measure up to Jesus! I am so thankful to walk with other believers (and Pastor) who aren't perfect, but are desperately in need of a Savior! I heard this song when I got home and was ministered to yet again. It is not because of who we are or what we've done, but because of Who He Is! Here today and gone tomorrow. Whom shall I fear? Oh, how I love you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright