Slider

Another Name & Dollar Store Find

Monday, June 7, 2010

Olivia has come up with a another name for the little nut on the way. Today she declared the baby should be named, "Freedom". She thought it would be an especially good choice if the baby is a boy. Too funny!


We will find out in a few weeks (Lord Willing!) if the nut is a boy or girl- I can't wait!


She already named the baby back in January before the nut was even conceived. We were in the basement one morning, and she was checking out the baby gear we have in storage, and said, "is this car seat for Lord Willing?".
When we'd talk about having another baby, I'd try to preface the conversations by saying, "Lord willing... we'll have another baby, etc.", so apparently she thought the next baby's name was Lord Willing. He, he!
A verse on "Lord Willing"...
James 4:13-16
Look here, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit."
How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow?
Your life is like the morning fog- it's here a little while, then it's gone.
What you ought to say is, "If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that."
Otherwise you are boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil.


Don't kids say the funniest things? I have one more from today. :) This afternoon Peyton said, "I am proud of you Mama". It took me a minute to confirm that is actually what he said, and then he was covered in kisses by his Mama!:) I think he must have heard me tell Olivia that I was proud of her on the walk this morning; she walked 4 miles, pushing her baby stroller! I was very proud and thankful (it meant I wasn't pushing the double stroller with both of them in it up and down hills!). Horray!

On an unrelated note, my mom found these excellent books pictured below at the Dollar Store. The kids love them! You can't always be sure about the quality at the Dollar Store (if the story will be accurate, if there will be typos, etc.), but these books have been a very good find! The story is just the right length and there are sweet, relevant songs at the end of each story. The books are still in stores.


2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I think your Olivia is prophetic! I love the name "freedom". I know Lincoln surprises me at some of the things he says when it comes to spiritual things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, I totally agree! I started searching to see what names have the meaning "freedom". Peyton went potty on the toilet last night and said, "I'm proud of you"... that is where he got it!:)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright