Slider

No-need-to-go-to-town-Spaghetti-with-Roasted-Zucchini

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Gotta love recipes that don't require a trip to town, just a few steps outside!  I made it last night and it is definitely worth making again!  I love zucchini and it was really light, but very flavorful, too!  Come and get zucchini if you don't have any!:)

Ingredients:
2 medium zucchini, sliced
olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
zest of 1/2 of a lemon
1 1/2 tsp butter
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
6 oz spaghetti
1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 450.  Place zucchini on a baking sheet.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Roast 10-15 minutes, stirring once.
2. Saute onions over medium heat for 5 minutes.  Add garlic and stir in zucchini and lemon.
3. Melt butter and stir in bread crumbs until lightly browned.  Add mint. 
4. Cook pasta 9 minutes, reserve 1/4 cup water.  Add olives.  Bring to a boil.  Sprinkle with cheese and dive in.

3 comments:

  1. I am a zucchini growing failure! Really! I will take some if you have extra. My girls love it lightly breaded and then pan fried. I look foward to making your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so gonna try this! I LOVED the sounds of the mint & lemon in it!
    I will have to sneak to the neighbors yard to get my supply of mint ;)

    We grilled some 'Z' the other night and oh man, was it good-
    Summertime...it just doesn't get much better than this, ugh?

    Thanks for Sharing!!
    Love you,
    A
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to make zucchini bread.. yumm! Just saw this recipe and though of you, enjoy all that good stuff for the rest of us! I might just have to pick some up at the store, these cupcakes look insane! http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2011/08/19/zucchini-pineapple-cupcakes-with-orange-sour-cream-frosting/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright