I've been picking blueberries to fill orders while my brother is volunteering at a camp, and it is funny the different things you think about while you're picking away! Today I was reminded of different parenting quotes and tips that have made a substantial impact on me. I do have more extensive notes and articles filed away, but these are just a few that came to mind today.
-"Never assume you know what your child was made for; instead, rightly assume you were made to beat a path for them to find it." ~Rebekah Pearl The quote came from this article.
- "Slow obedience is no obedience" ~ Tiffany B.
- It only takes one time of being inconsistent. Your child will remember that one time of getting away with it, and keep trying to get away with it, so be consistent! ~ The Pearls or Judy T.?
- "Strictness without relationship leads to rebellion" ~ Judy T.
- Get eye contact when you are asking your child to do something, so you know they heard you and are tuning in (I've also heard boys benefit from a hand on the shoulder or some other physical touch to get their attention) . ~Judy T.
- Above all, PRAY and ask the Holy Spirit for guidance and insight specifically for your child! We can't do it on our own!
What are your favorites?