Please sit down and have a piece of blueberry coffee cake with me. I had to try out this recipe that I'm making for my future sister-in-law's shower on Saturday. I am such a sucker for anything with a crumb topping!
- Lord, You know I want to be a godly, consistent parent, but I can't do it without You. Help me live in such a way that my children know my love for them and see Your qualities in me.
- I commit myself to daily reading and prayer. Lead me, guide me and change me. Remind me often that my greatest gift to my children is to help them know You. Help me prepare the soil for them to grow deep and strong and receive Your salvation.
- Father, our family needs fun times together. Help us do those simple, everyday things out of which healthy bonding grows.
- Help me, Lord to make time for good talks with my kids. Help me recognize and respond to teachable moments- those earth-stands-still moments when my child asks something he or she really wants to know.
- Lord, wherever I am, whatever I'm doing, remind me when a child of mind needs extra prayer. Tell me what I should ask.
- 2 Timothy 1:12 form the basis for a great prayer: Lord Jesus, I am convicted that You are able to guard what I entrust to You. I commit my children to You and thank you for Your protection and care.
- Help my children to stand for what's right instead of what's easy but wrong.
- Give them enough success to be certain of Your love for them, enough favor to be aware of Your kindness, but enough humility to know that they can do nothing worthwhile without You.
- Lord, inspire my children with meaningful life interests.At the right time, give my daughter guidance in her choice of a husband. Give my son guidance when he chooses a wife. May the marriages of my children be a source of joy both to them and to You.
Blueberry Coffee Cake
courtesy of What's Cooking America
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, vegetable oil, milk, and egg. Fold in blueberries.
Pour into an ungreased 8" square baking dish. Sprinkle Sugar Topping onto top of cake batter. Bake, uncovered, 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Makes 8 servings
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a medium bowl with a pastry blender or two knives, cut butter into sugar, flour, and cinnamon until well blended.