Slider

Wednesday Wisdom: Week 3

Wednesday, August 4, 2010


Remember the 6 Ps?  Well, apparently we like the letter "p" around here, and another very important "ppertaining to parenting is being "Purposeful".  I love talking to new mamas, and my friend, Jerushah was sharing how she wants to be very purposeful in her parenting and teaching a few weeks back!  I couldn't agree more!  I am finding that you have to be purposeful in every area to prevent poor performance!


One such example is keeping the nuts on the move!  No, we don't have to be doing something every minute, and they need to play nicely by themselves, but I find too much free time is detrimental and leads to naughty behavior (especially for Peyton).  It takes planning and organization on my part, but I want to head off some of the negative emotions by having them help with tasks, directing their play, and so forth.  The Toddler Wise and Child Wise books lay out very structured, detailed schedules if you want to get ideas.  Kids need purpose, just as we do, and work provides a great antidote to boredom-induced misbehavior.  Don't you agree?

I was reminded last week when I got to help watch my 5 month-old nephew why I desperately need to use my time wisely now (getting ready before Julia arrives) and always!  Life is busy with two little nuts.  Life is very busy with a newborn.  Life will be even more busy with three little nuts! 

God bless you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright