Slider

My Favorite Trail Mix

Friday, August 20, 2010

First, I have to laugh that I am posting another recipe that "really isn't really a recipe".  Ah well!
You will soon know all of my favorite food groups. :)

I love me some trail mix, but I cannot choke down the store bought mixes with plain M&M's, raisins and the smallish nuts (aka peanuts).  I've come up with a mix that I love.  I can't always afford to have it on hand (trail mix is not cheap to make), but I am oh-so-happy when I can. 
I actually received trail mix ingredients from my parents for my birthday last year; do they know me or what?  I am also the girl who got a case of apples for a birthday present one year (love you, Uncle Ladd and Aunt Beth). 

Anyhoo...I freeze the trail mix and make it last as long as possible!

Here are my must-have ingredients (you can find all of them in the bulk section at Winco):
- almonds
- peanut M&M's
- chocolate covered raisins (the ones from Costco are the best)
- chocolate covered almonds
- yogurt covered raisins 
- dried cranberries
- honey roasted nut mix or mixed nuts
- Mt. Hood Mix
*I tossed in dried blueberries this time since we have a ton right now and they were really yummy too!
Add plenty of dried cranberries and almonds to stretch the other ingredients!  Let me know what you think!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy Rach -- what's Mt.Hood mix?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can find Mt. Hood mix in the bulk section at Winco! It is a pretty sweet mix, but is great when coupled with the other ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you say delish!?? What a good prego snack too!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright