Slider

Harvest!

Monday, August 9, 2010

There is nothing like harvest time!  My stomach has been excited/nervous for the guys as they have been working around the clock on the farm.  See the picking machine above?  They have started picking at 1 a.m. and work until 4 p.m. (15-16 hour days) for several weeks!  There are other guys swathing during the night and then others yet who are combining all day until late at night. 
It is crazy and fun all at the same time!
I realized when I went and got my first desk job as a young adult that I do not know how to pace myself.  When I work, I go gang-busters (like we've always had to do for harvest), and then would wonder why I couldn't go home at 4 p.m. when I'd exhausted every possible task at my place of work!  It also drives me crazy when people don't work with their "eyes in the flat and with minimal talking".  He, he!

Both nuts got to help drive the combine!  Thank you, Uncle Zach!
Peyton took his job very seriously!
Make sure to pull way over for the farm equipment driving down the road and give them a big smile for me!
Happy Harvest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Your own copyright