I have never cared for chicken pot pie, but a few years ago I came up with one that is quite tasty! I like it because of the abundance of fresh veggies and herbs, and I only use a crust on the bottom.
- pie crust (make your own or Pillsbury makes a refrigerated one that you roll out that is really good)
- chicken- breaded, cooked, cubed and seasoned with Johnny's seasoning salt
- sweet potato or potato- cube, toss with olive oil and season with Johnny's seasoning salt
- can of cream of mushroom soup
- whatever fresh herbs you have on hand (this time I used rosemary, chives and basil)
- fresh spinach
- all the fresh veggies you want- broccoli, zucchini, carrots, cauliflower, celery, etc.
- cheddar cheese
Mix all the ingredients and spoon into pie shell. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until crust browns. Top with cheddar cheese. It is really easy to make and always a favorite!